Truffle Melbourne Festival at Queen Victoria Market
The Queen Vic Market will be sending market-goers to truffle heaven, hosting free activities all weekend. There will be truffle tastings, fresh truffles to purchase, a Market Truffle Trail, mock truffle dog hunts and artisanal product stalls.
Some of Melbourne’s finest truffle chefs including Philippe Mouchel, Ashley Davis, Damian Sandercock, Giorgio Linguanti, Jesse Gerner, James Mele, Joseph Vargetto, Michael Cole and Paul Tyas will share their truffle knowledge and host live chef demonstrations.
Mock truffle dog hunts will take place in the Market’s A Shed each day. Professional truffle hunting dogs and festival favourites, Spice and Arrow, along with their siblings will delight market visitors with their truffle hunting skills.
A curated line-up of ready-to-eat exhibitors will keep truffle-lovers happy and bellies full. The line-up includes:
- Shucked from George the Fishmonger – blow-torched scallops and freshly shucked oysters served with truffle
- Frencheese – raclette cheese poured over truffled potatoes with charcuterie, pickles and salad
- La Truffiere – fresh truffle products and traditional French crepes
- St Kilda Burger Bar – gourmet truffled burgers and chips
- That’s Amore Cheese – a selection of truffle cheeses and truffled pasta dishes
- The Brûlée Cart - truffle crème brûlée
- TOASTA – truffled toasties
- Woodstock Pizzicheria – truffle arancini and porcini pizza
Such indulgence and fun. Get on it!