MCG Open Day - Farewell the footy season with a kick on the ‘G!
On , the day after the Grand Final, the MCG will host its third annual Open Day. A free public event, MCG Open Day allows sports fans to gain rare access to the hallowed turf of the MCG for a kick-to-kick with family and friends, as well as explore otherwise off-limits parts of the stadium such as the player change rooms and historic MCC Long Room.
The world-class National Sports Museum will also be open, with Open Day attendees able to explore the highlights and history of Australian sport at a significantly discounted rate of just $5 per person.
A fantastic day out for kids and adults, there will be a range of additional entertainment activities taking place in Yarra Park as well as inside the stadium – including the opportunity to recreate iconic sporting moments and take a picture with the 2015 replica AFL Premiership Cup* and the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy.
Melbourne Cricket Club CEO Stephen Gough said the club was looking forward to once again opening up ‘The People’s Ground’ to the people, following the AFL Grand Final.
“Open Day provides a great opportunity for all people to come and enjoy the magic of the ‘G with friends and family,” said Mr Gough.
‘Whether you follow footy, cricket, soccer or anything in between, nothing can match the experience of being on the hallowed turf or exploring the inner sanctum of the MCG, and we encourage everyone to come along and be a part of it.”
Those interested in attending MCG Open Day can register their interest at www.eventopia.co/MCGOpenDay2015. Register by 1 October 2015 for the chance to go into the draw to win some cool MCG prizes!
For more information about MCG Open Day, including highlights of the day, please visit www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2015/october/mcg-open-day
*Cost applies: $5 per photo when you pre-register, normally $10.
MCG Open Day activity overview
A fantastic day out for kids, adults and everyone in between, highlights include:
- Relive your favourite sporting moments on the hallowed turf of the MCG with kick-to-kick with family and friends.
- Create your own Grand Final celebration and have your photo taken with the 2015 replica AFL premiership cup (reduced cost of $5 per photo when you pre-register –normally $10).
- Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, from the player change rooms and cricket viewing rooms to the world-class MCC Library.
- Visit the National Sports Museum at a discounted cost (Only $5!).
- Kick off the summer of cricket and get a photo with the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy.
- Roving entertainment and activities
Register now for this fantastic free event and you will go in the draw* to WIN:
- One of five Family passes for an MCG Tour & National Sports Museum visit (valued at $70)
- One of five Cadbury chocolate hampers (valued up to $95)