Good Food Month Announces 2018 Program
Good Food Month presented by Citi returns to Melbourne in June with ten incredible featured events including an inspiring master-class, chef collaborations and flavour-packed parties. This year, the talent-filled, good-times-packed programme draws on the inspiration that fuels this great city, inviting food-lovers to re-imagine Melbourne’s buzzing dining scene over 30 delectable days. Tickets are on sale now from www.goodfoodmonth.com.
Venessa Cowell, Director of Food Events, Fairfax Media said: “Melbourne is an exciting and vibrant culinary mixing pot with an incredible diversity of revered chefs and restaurants that have earned their praise on the international food map. Melbournians really understand the significance of great food, and our 2018 programme celebrates the stories that go into producing a dish and the memories that are created once you taste it.”
This year’s Good Food Month brings a Palm Springs-inspired pop-up restaurant to Federation Square from 13-23 June. Melbourne Palms will be an oasis for food enthusiasts right in the centre of Melbourne city, where guests can shrug off the Melbourne winter blues and be inspired by some of the country’s most exciting and award-winning chefs.
The dining destination will play host to exciting events with international legend Bo Bech (Geist), home-grown culinary greats Alla Wolf-Tasker (The Lake House) and Andrew McConnell (Supernormal, Cumulus, Cutler & Co.), a pumping pasta party by Andreas Papadakis (Tipo 00), Mitch Orr (ACME) and Joel Valvasori-Pereza (Lulu La Delizia), fish butchery masterclass with Josh Niland (Saint Peter) and the Fire Feast series of events across two nights with Danielle Alvarez (Fred’s) followed by Duncan Welgemoed (Africola). Festival favourites Let’s Do Lunch presented by Peter Lehmann Wines of the Barossa and the Friends of Good Food Month event series will make their return, with the line-up of participating restaurants and events to be announced soon.
GOOD FOOD MONTH MELBOURNE PALMS FEATURED PROGRAMME:
● Good Food Month Launch Party - Melbourne Greats Party: 13 June, 6:30pm, $99 Melbourne home-grown culinary legends Andrew McConnell (Cumulus Inc., Cutler & Co and Supernormal) and Alla Wolf-Tasker (Lake House) celebrate the launch of Good Food Month in true Melbourne style. A night celebrating what Melbourne is known for - incredible food, brilliant chefs, and flowing drinks.
● Dinner with Bo Bech: Friday 15 June, 6.30pm, $275 A trailblazer in food-obsessed Copenhagen who made his mark at the helm of Paustian and Restaurant Geist, Danish Michelin star chef Bo Bech is bringing his bold and intelligent cooking to Australia for the first time exclusively for Melbourne Good Food Month. An evening of intrigue with an exclusive sit-down dinner with matched wine, which is sure to challenge every food experience enjoyed in Melbourne.
● Fire Feast with Danielle Alvarez: Saturday 16 June, 6.30pm, $120 Danielle Alvarez of Fred’s restaurant in Sydney is one of the country’s most respected young chefs, and is in her element when cooking with fire. Guests will join her for an evening of canapes, followed by flame cooked, succulent and smoky meat served on grazing stations.
● Brunch with Josh Niland – Sunday 17 June, 10.30am, $70 Brunch with two-hatted Chef Josh Niland, the seafood king behind Saint Peter in Sydney’s Paddington and winner of the 2018 Good Food Guide’s ‘Best New Restaurant of the Year’ award. Melbournians will hear about his strong focus on the importance of locally sourced, sustainable food and inspiration behind his expertly crafted sustainable seafood dishes, over an innovative three-course brunch with matching Brand’s Laira.
● One Fish, One Chef with Josh Niland: Sunday 17 June, 2pm, $80 Josh Niland is renowned for changing the way we think about seafood. Food lovers will join Niland for an intensive theatreseated fish butchery masterclass where they will be able to see him butcher a whole fish in minutes, improve their filleting skills, and learn head-to-tail techniques. The class will be concluded with fresh seafood snacks made using the same type of fish used in the demonstration.
● The Dave-inci Code – Monday 18 June, 6.30pm, $175 An unforgettable four-course dinner collaboration between Chefs David Moyle (Longsong) and David Verheul (Embla), hosted by Good Food’s Ardyn Bernoth. Guests will delve into the chef’s inspirations, aspirations and influences as they enjoy four courses with matching fine wine and a selection of craft beer from James Squire.
● Pasta Party with Andreas Papadakis, Mitch Orr and Joel Valvasori-Pereza: Thursday 21 June, 6.30pm, $140 Pasta aficionados will experience Australia’s most revered pasta chefs Andreas Papadakis (Tipo 00), Mitch Orr (ACME, Sydney), and Joel Valvasori-Pereza (Lulu La Delizia, Perth) battling it out for the title of pasta king. The four-course dinner will see each chef introduce and defend their signature style, served with a matching glass of wine from the Brand’s Laira range.
● Date Night with 8-Bit & Glacé Frozen, Tuesday 19 June and Friday 22 June, 6.30pm, $60 The best Date Nights are always the same: damn good food, a fantastic film, and a scoop of the best artisanal ice cream in town. Date Night with Melbourne burger institution 8-Bit and legendary Pastry Chef Christy Tania’s Glacé Frozen delivers on all fronts.
● Fire Feast with Duncan Welgemoed: Saturday 23 June, 6.30pm, $120 Adelaide’s master of fire, Duncan Welgemoed of the much-lauded Africola, will prepare a winter’s feast cooked above the firepit. Guests will indulge in canapes and an abundant grazing station of smokey, fire-roasted meats, paired with Brand’s Laira wines and craft beer courtesy of James Squire.
Tanya Smith, Chief Customer Officer at Citi said: “Citi is proud to support the thriving Australian food, wine and restaurant industry and Good Food Month in Melbourne is truly a highlight of the culinary calendar. “In our tenth year as national presenting partner of Good Food Month, our customers can access a range of exclusive benefits including a special presale to Dinner with Bo Bech and reserved tickets to a number of events. Our Citibank Dining Program partner restaurants will also be showing off their venues with their Friends of Good Food Month events.”
The presenting partner of Good Food Month, Citi, has partnered with Good Food to give the people of Melbourne a chance to win a foodie adventure, by simply sharing their favourite moments from this year’s Melbourne Good Food Month on Instagram and Facebook. The lucky winner and a friend will be flown to Brisbane Good Food Month in July to enjoy a culinary dining experience at one of the Citibank Dining Program restaurants, valued at $250.
On top of that, the winner will get a further $250 spending money for their trip. Winners simply need to share their favourite experience from Melbourne Good Food Month by uploading a photo to Instagram or Facebook using the hashtags #goodfoodmoment & #CelebratewithCiti throughout the month of June to enter. The Citibank Dining Program offers Citi customers the opportunity to enjoy a free bottle of wine when they dine at participating restaurants and pay with their Citi card. There are over 400 restaurants in the program nationally.
2018 GOOD FOOD MONTH 1-30 JUNE www.goodfood.com.au #goodfoodmonth @goodfoodmonth