I'm stoked to have helped cook this dish under the watchful eye of Guillaume Brahimi at the Tefal Masterclass...
Traditional French onion soup with gruyère croutons
Roast chicken with pomme fondant and salsa verde
1 x 1.8kg Barossa chicken
12 desiree potatoes
200ml chicken stock
50gm unsalted butter
1 bunch thyme
1 stem bay leaves
1 head garlic
Roast Pineapple with Coconut Sorbet
Tefal Heritage Recipe by Guillaume Brahimi at Bistro Guillaume Masterclass
BRAISED LAMB NECK
8 X LAMB NECKS, 200 GRAMS EACH 2 X CARROTS, PEELED & DICED 2 X ONIONS, PEELED & DICED 2 X CELERY STALKS, PEELED & DICED 1⁄4 X BUNCH X ROSEMARY, WASHED & CHOPPED SALT AND PEPPER
100 ML X DRY SHERRY
20 ML X BLEND OIL, VEAL STOCK
GOAT MILK PANNA COTTA
480 ML X GOAT MILK 525 GRAMS X PURE CREAM 100 GRAMS X CASTER SUGAR 5 X GELATINE LEAVES 1 X VANILLA BEANS
Soak gelatine in cold water. Scrape vanilla bean into the goat milk with the sugar & bring to a simmer.
Squeeze all the liquid out of the gelatine then add to the goat milk mix, making sure to whisk well to melt the gelatine. Strain the mix. Stir the pure cream in to the goat milk mix & place in a large metal bowl.
Place inside another bowl half filled with frozen ice and cool. Then pour into glasses and weigh the mix at 90 grams per glass. Refrigerate to set for at least 6 hours.
125 ML X METAXA 375 ML X SUGAR SYRUP 4 X GELATINE SHEETS
1. Bring to a simmer the metaxa & the sugar syrup. 2. Soften the gelatine in ice cold water. Squeeze the sheets & drain,
then whisk into the marsala mix. 3. Cool down the jelly mix, then gently pour 2cm over the top of the panna cotta mix & refrigerate at least 6 hours.
WALNUT BAKLAVA MIX
1 TSPN X GROUND CINNAMON 1⁄4 TSPN X GROUND CLOVES PINCH NUTMEG 2 TBLSP X SUGAR
2 TBLSP X WATER 100 GRAMS X WALNUTS 4 SHEETS X PHYLLO DOUGH 50 ML X CLARIFIED BUTTER
1. In a small bowl mix the cinnamon, cloves, & nutmeg 2. In a small pan add the water & sugar. on low heat dissolve the sugar in the water
3. Add the walnuts & toss to coat. Cook stirring until all the moisture has evaporated & the sugar begins to caramelize. Transfer to the bowl with the spices & toss
4. Cool on parchment paper. Chop finely 5. Pre heat the oven to 180c. 6. Lay one sheet of phyllo on an oven tray & brush with butter then scatter a big pinch of nut mix. Repeat with 2 more sheets of phyllo & finish with the last sheet, brushing with butter only.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden & dark brown. 8. Let the sheets cool then break the walnut baklava into a crumble. 9. To finish the dish sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the baklava crumbs over the jelly & serve with a scoop of coffee sorbet.
Courtesy of Vas Donoudis
FAVA PUREE, HAZELNUTS, CRISP CHICKPEAS & SHALLOTS
1⁄2 Tbsp X BLENDED OIL 3 X WHITE SHALLOTS (finely sliced) 3 X GARLIC CLOVES (finely chopped, paste) 500 GR X YELLOW SPLIT PEAS 1 X DRIED BAY LEAVES 1⁄2 Tbsp X SALT 1⁄2 Tbsp X CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
1. Rinse and drain yellow split peas
2. In a pot, heat up oil then sweat out onions till soft and translucent
3. Add split peas and stir for 2 minutes. Add bay leaves, salt and pepper
4. Cover peas with water with 8cm in excess of surface.
5. Simmer gently until very soft but not mushy. Skim starch off the top layer every now & then
6. Transfer onto a perforated tray & allow liquid to drain. Remove bay leaves
2 GARLIC CLOVES (smashed) 1 SHALLOTS (roughly chopped) 1 Tspn LEMON (juiced) 1/4 CUP EVOO SMALL HANDFUL OF PICKED DILL
In a food processor, combine garlic, shallots & lemon juice. Add 3/4 of the split pea mixture & pulse until smooth
With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil to form an emulsion
Add the dill and season to taste. Pulse again
Turn into a large bowl and mix in the remaining split pea mixture
Mix with a spatula until evenly mixed.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To a portion of dip add as a garnish, some toasted hazelnuts & thinly sliced shallots that have been steeped in red wine vinegar for 10 minutes.
Shallow fry some well drained chickpeas in oil until crispy, drain well.
Season well with sea salt.
Sprinkle some chopped parsley over the top & serve with crusty warm bread.
Courtesy Vas Donoudis
Courtesy of Paris to Provence -
Courtesy of Paris to Provence -
VIETNAMESE WOK FRIED BEEF
WITH WATERCRESS & PEANUTS
Courtesy of Collins Kitchen (from Taste of Nam) -
250g Beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
50g Onion, finely sliced
5g Garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp Pepper
1tsp Five spice
20g Lemon grass, chopped
5ml Soya sauce
20ml Cooking oil
10ml Rice vinegar
1tsp Corn oil
5g Roasted peanuts