Winter Night Market 2019 at Queen Victoria Market
Winter Night Market at Queen Victoria Market is the place to be this winter. With just over two weeks to go until opening night (5 June), Queen Victoria Market’s Winter Night Market has released this season’s line-up of food and drink traders, featuring returning favourites plus a number of fresh new offerings. Get excited Melbourne!
Returning favourites will include some of the city’s most iconic and much-loved street vendors:
• ReWine – get your weekly fix of hot, spiced mulled wine
• Burn City Smokers – dishing up smoky, American-style BBQ
• Churro Kitchen – sugar and cinnamon dusted churro bowls, topped with vanilla bean ice-cream and hot Nutella sauce
While new traders will provide Melburnians with the opportunity to indulge in this winter’s hot new flavours, including:
• Mork Chocolate – serving specialty and ethically-sourced hot chocolate
• Melted Cheese Bar – think cheesy tartine, toasties and melted cheese baguettes
• Turkish at QVM – pideli kofte (meatball-style kebab) in red sauce, served with yoghurt
• Ciao Chips – bringing their take on Belgium frites • Pierogi Pierogi – serving the perfect winter warmers, goulash and potato pancakes
• Melbourne Cocoa – Melbourne’s newest artisan chocolate-maker Christmas in July (3-31 July) will offer visitors a magical space within the Winter Night Market to experience a white Christmas.
Christmas trees, snow machines, Christmas puddings, eggnog and Christmas carollers will transform the Market into a winter wonderland for five weeks only.
Visitors will be encouraged to embrace the northern hemisphere’s love for ugly Christmas sweaters with on-the-spot Winter Night Market vouchers for those rocking the most festive styles.
The Book Nook is back again this year; a dedicated space for book lovers to explore new and pre-loved titles from local booksellers, Sweet Clarity Books, Mary Martin Bookshop and Gnosis Books.
For those more musically-inclined, Rumble Book & Records will also have second-hand CDs, DVDs, vinyls and cassettes. Wednesday nights in Melbourne are set to heat up with the 13-week season kicking off on 5 June 2019.
FAST FACTS: WINTER NIGHT MARKET 2019
• Where: Queen Victoria Market – main event entrance, corner of Queen & Therry St
• When: Every Wednesday from 5 June to 28 August 2019, 5:00pm-10:00pm
• Christmas in July: Every Wednesday from 3 July to 31 July 2019
• Parking: $15 event parking from 4.30pm–11:00pm • Free entry, food and drinks for purchase