- MFWF - Port Phillip Mussel Festival 2015
MFWF - Port Phillip Mussel Festival 2015
Port Phillip Mussel Festival is a favourite seafood street party with the festivities held over the weekend of Saturday March 7 (11am to 10pm) and Sunday March 8 (11am to 8pm) at South Melbourne Market.
Look forward to mussels by the bucket load, non-stop jazz and refreshing sangria!
The World Loves Melbourne was invited along to the preview, where the media heard from the Mayor Amanda Stevens and Councillors proud of this vibrant community event!
The World Loves Melbourne imbibed the fresh mussels with a hit of chilli, as well as other seafood dishes and Sangria at Simply Spanish, followed by dishes from Claypots Evening Star.
On March 7 and 8 Market restaurants will be cooking up a mussel storm alongside some of the region’s top chefs from local restaurants. A taste of what’s on offer:
- Simply Spanish: Tomato & white wine mussels: with fresh herbs, black olives and a hint of chilli.
- Simply Spanish: Cream & fennel mussels: with fresh dill and sliced fennel in a cream sauce.
- Simply Spanish: Coconut cream & red curry mussels: rich coconut cream, Thai basil, spring onions in a zesty Thai red curry sauce.
- Simply Spanish: Sangria bar.
- Paco Y Lola: Drunken Mussels.
- Koy: Stuffed mussels and tomato mussel bulgur pilavi.
- Dandelion: Mussels cooked in Bia Ha Noi – a classic Vietnamese seaside dish of mussels steamed with beer, lemongrass, chilli and ginger.
- Mr Lawrence at the London: Gazpacho cup with shellfish salad, avocado and green chermoula (mussels, crab, prawn).
- Mr Lawrence at the London: Chickpea battered mussels in pita with Middle Eastern slaw, harissa and tahini yoghurt.
- Acland Street Cantina: Veracruz style Sea Bounty mussels with orange, oregano and olives.
- St Ali: Kimchi and shrimp burger.
- St Ali: Coffee.
- Georgie’s Harvest: Frites to go with your moules!
- Bianco Latte: Icecream.
- St Gerry’s: Greek donuts and Fudge puppy waffles.
Get on it!