A Taste Of Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class
Singapore Airlines is launching out with it's stunning Premium Economy offering on 3 of it's 4 flights out of Melbourne, and The World Loves Melbourne was invited to an exclusive media event to experience the service. It was a unique event with us joining Singapore airlines staff and executives on a plane and checking out the benefits of Premium economy including the superb food offerings.
Singapore Airlines’ Premium Economy Class offers travellers more space, privileges and choices to make their flight even more comfortable. We were able to first experience the joys of First Class and Business Class on our tour and then sit in the spacious Premium economy cabin while staff served us the Book the Cook range of dishes.
Spacious and luxury leather seats.
Patrick from Singapore Airlines giving us a bespoke tour.
Calf and foot rest!
Large state of the art touchscreens. Even when the seats lean back viewing is a pleasure.
Combined with the award-winning service that sets Singapore Airlines apart, each aspect has been thoughtfully designed to ensure customers can sit back and relax. Leather seats are a highlight, along with the calf and foot rest!
Not to mention the sheer quality of the touchscreen entertainment system with larger screen!
We think Singapore Airlines customer service is top notch.
The World Loves Melbourne experienced the Book the Cook service. Singapore Airlines’ Book the Cook offers customers world-class dishes from some of the world’s most talented chefs that make up the Airline’s International Culinary Panel.
Able to be booked up to 24 hours prior to flight departure for main meal service, Book the Cook tantalizes the taste buds with dishes such as Hainanese Chicken Rice, Chilli Cumin Lamb and Fettuccine Seafood Mornay. The World Loves Melbourne chose the Nasi Lemak, a delicious dish featuring Sambal Prawns.
Time for a movie on the large touchscreen - Singapore airlines regularly updates its movies and the list is fresh.
Champagne? Popular French Champagne Nicolas Feuilatte was delicious!
Nasi Lemak was delicious with welcome spice and kick! The touch of anchovies was a hit. The meal was fresh with crisp and crunch - prawns perfectly cooked.
The full tray (above) - enjoyed the pasta salad with the Nasi Lemak. Choice of bread (below).
Checking out the superb meal options...
- Chicken Biryani – Chicken braised in Indian spices served with biryani rice and raita cucumber.
- Fettuccine Seafood Mornay – Seafood Mornay-style with pesto fettuccine and parmesan panko crumb.
- Chilli Cumin Lamb – Braised lamb in chilli cumin leek sauce served with jasmine rice and Chinese greens.
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (also available for Breakfast) – Poached chicken breast with chicken rice, chili ginger sauce and Chinese greens.
- Nasi Lemak (also available for Breakfast) – Malay-style steamed coconut rice with prawn sambal, green beans and boiled egg.
- Banana Bread with Vanilla Mascarpone (only available for Breakfast) – Pan fried banana bread with vanilla mascarpone, mixed berry compote and toasted almonds.
In addition to the Premium Economy Book the Cook meal selections, customers are able to select from a choice of three main meals on-board.
Here are the benefits of Premium Economy in a nutshell -
|New York|| |