Bon Fromage returns as virtual festival in 2020
For the first time ever, the highly anticipated Bon Fromage Festival of European Cheeses will be held online, bringing the wonderful world of French cheese to homes across Australia.
A celebration of Frances’ finest fromage, the virtual cheese festival will launch online and run for a week, between Saturday 21st November through to Sunday 29th November. Bringing 1.5 tonnes of French cheese to Aussie homes, the festival will offer cheese lovers a selection of four Gourmet Tasting Packs containing half a kilo of high-quality French cheese and free access to a series of curated online masterclasses.
The fun and interactive demonstrations will take Aussies on a gastronomical journey to Europe to master the art of French cheese – all from the comfort of their own home.
Recognised as one of France’s best Cheesemongers, Bon Fromage Ambassador and French cheesemonger, François Robin, will lead Bon Fromage, sharing his passion and extensive knowledge of French cheese. François will share the (virtual) stage with some of Australia’s best cheese and drink purveyors, including Maker and Monger’s Anthony Femia. For an extraordinary culinary experience, a limited selection of VIP Packs with exclusive workshops are also available.
Each VIP Pack and masterclass has been curated by some of Australia’s leading artisanal cheese and beverage merchants including Sydney’s Simon Johnson Quality Foods, Adelaide’s Smelly Cheese Shop and The Drink Hive.
The Gourmet Tasting Packs and VIP Tasting packs are available to purchase now until Sunday 15th November or until stock runs out.
Masterclass spaces are limited and booking is essential.
François Robin said of his involvement in the festival, “I’m ecstatic to once again bring the world of French Cheese to Australia and share the rich cultural and culinary heritage that each cheese encompasses. But most of all, help Aussies experience the simple pleasure of eating French cheeses”.
Presented by the Centre National Interprofessionel de l’Economie Laitière (CNIEL), with the support of the European Union, Bon Fromage will be held from Saturday 21st - Sunday 29th November 2020.
To register into a masterclass or purchase a Bon Fromage Pack, please visit: https://europeancheeses.com.au/bon-fromage-festival/
Bon Fromage Key Facts: Saturday 21st – Sunday 29th November 2020.
Cheese Packs and Festival Program are available at https://europeancheeses.com.au/bon-fromagefestival/
Gourmet Tasting Packs Each pack features a selection of five hand-picked cheeses made in France, one recipe booklet and cheese tasting notes. Cost: $20 including shipping.
● The Classics - a selection of classic French cheese favourites. Perfect for those who want to learn more about the Cheese of Europe. Masterclass on Saturday 21st November at 5pm.
● Blue Lovers - a blue cheese lovers’ dream. A range of delicious cow’s milk blue cheeses from different regions across France. Masterclass on Saturday 21st November at 7pm.
● Soft and Creamy - a mix of soft, creamy cheeses from France with flavour intensity ranging from subtle to strong. Masterclass on Sunday 22nd November at 5pm.
● Strong and Stinky - full of flavour and perfect for those who are fans of French cheese with pungent aromas. Masterclass on Sunday 22nd November at 7pm.
VIP Packs Exclusive culinary packs and masterclasses curated by Bon Fromage and some of Australia's best artisanal cheese and beverage merchants. Cost: $85-$140 including shipping.
● The Drink Hive - a collection of perfectly paired French cheese and wine. Masterclass on Friday 27th November at 7pm.
● Simon Johnson – a collection of very different French cheeses and paired condiments. Masterclass on Saturday 28th November at 5pm.
● The Maker and Monger - a collection of French cheeses paired with Australian wines. Masterclass on Saturday 28th November at 7pm.
● The Smelly Cheese Shop –delicious and diverse French Cheeses paired with locally made ciders from Adelaide. Masterclass on Sunday 29th November at 2pm. • The Studd Siblings - selection of cheeses from their range of premium French cheeses. Masterclass on Sunday 29th November at 5pm.