Braised Lamb Neck Recipe
BRAISED LAMB NECK
8 X LAMB NECKS, 200 GRAMS EACH 2 X CARROTS, PEELED & DICED 2 X ONIONS, PEELED & DICED 2 X CELERY STALKS, PEELED & DICED 1⁄4 X BUNCH X ROSEMARY, WASHED & CHOPPED SALT AND PEPPER
100 ML X DRY SHERRY
20 ML X BLEND OIL, VEAL STOCK
1. Season the lamb generously with salt & pepper. 2. Heat the oil in large rondell then add the lamb necks, only a few at a time so as to colour the necks until caramelised on all sides.
3. Remove the lamb on to cooling trays, then add the vegetables & herbs to the pan. cook until soft & caramelised then deglaze with the sherry & reduce to a syrup.
4. Place the lamb in to a gastro tray & cover with the veg & veal stock. 5. Cover the tray with greaseproof paper first, then wrap in foil. 6. Cook the lamb on 100c roast for 12 hours.
1 LARGE X ONIONS
50 GRAMS X ANCHOVIES
2 TEASPOONS X SEEDED MUSTARD 100 ML X DRY SHERRY
LAMB BRAISING LIQUID, STRAINED
1. Sauté the onions until soft 2. Add anchovies & smash with the seeded mustard. deglaze the pan with sherry & reduce to a syrup.
3. Add the lamb braise liquid, 1 litre of chicken stock & reduce by 1/3rd.
Place the lamb on a plate, drizzle over lamb sauce, with the date salad on the side. Drizzle the whole dish with extra virgin olive oil.
Courtesy Vas Donoudis