Goat Milk Panna Cotta Recipe
GOAT MILK PANNA COTTA
480 ML X GOAT MILK 525 GRAMS X PURE CREAM 100 GRAMS X CASTER SUGAR 5 X GELATINE LEAVES 1 X VANILLA BEANS
Soak gelatine in cold water. Scrape vanilla bean into the goat milk with the sugar & bring to a simmer.
Squeeze all the liquid out of the gelatine then add to the goat milk mix, making sure to whisk well to melt the gelatine. Strain the mix. Stir the pure cream in to the goat milk mix & place in a large metal bowl.
Place inside another bowl half filled with frozen ice and cool. Then pour into glasses and weigh the mix at 90 grams per glass. Refrigerate to set for at least 6 hours.
125 ML X METAXA 375 ML X SUGAR SYRUP 4 X GELATINE SHEETS
1. Bring to a simmer the metaxa & the sugar syrup. 2. Soften the gelatine in ice cold water. Squeeze the sheets & drain,
then whisk into the marsala mix. 3. Cool down the jelly mix, then gently pour 2cm over the top of the panna cotta mix & refrigerate at least 6 hours.
WALNUT BAKLAVA MIX
1 TSPN X GROUND CINNAMON 1⁄4 TSPN X GROUND CLOVES PINCH NUTMEG 2 TBLSP X SUGAR
2 TBLSP X WATER 100 GRAMS X WALNUTS 4 SHEETS X PHYLLO DOUGH 50 ML X CLARIFIED BUTTER
1. In a small bowl mix the cinnamon, cloves, & nutmeg 2. In a small pan add the water & sugar. on low heat dissolve the sugar in the water
3. Add the walnuts & toss to coat. Cook stirring until all the moisture has evaporated & the sugar begins to caramelize. Transfer to the bowl with the spices & toss
4. Cool on parchment paper. Chop finely 5. Pre heat the oven to 180c. 6. Lay one sheet of phyllo on an oven tray & brush with butter then scatter a big pinch of nut mix. Repeat with 2 more sheets of phyllo & finish with the last sheet, brushing with butter only.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden & dark brown. 8. Let the sheets cool then break the walnut baklava into a crumble. 9. To finish the dish sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the baklava crumbs over the jelly & serve with a scoop of coffee sorbet.
Courtesy of Vas Donoudis