ICCI Melbourne "Settimana Della Cucina Italiana" 2020
ICCI Melbourne "Settimana Della Cucina Italiana" was a fabulous event this year and brought the best of Italian culture and taste with 148 participants from around the world enjoying a virtual Zoom event. This one of a kind virtual experience featured Italian Michelin Star Masterchef Carlo Cracco, celebrity chef Luca Ciano and a unique opera performance with Italian baritone Mattia Campetti and Australian Soprano Michelle Buscemi. It was a simply stunning night with many highlights. Moreover the evening featured -
Michelin Star MasterChef Carlo Cracco:
Michelin Star MasterChef Carlo Cracco joined us for “Settimana Della Cucina Italiana” masterclass of the True Italian Taste project.
Chef Carlo Cracco was interviewed by Maddalena Fossati, Editor in Chief of La Cucina Italiana magazine, allowing us to travel within Italian Cuisine ‘Artistry’ directly from Cracco Restaurant in Milan, Italy.
The Michelin Star MasterChef taught us the art of to how prepare an extraordinary dish, starting from a simple ingredient.
Italian Baritone Mattia Campetti and Italo – Australian Soprano Michelle Buscemi:
Mattia, has performed internationally on stage in Europe, Japan, Australia, and America. Michelle has performed with Oz Opera, Victorian Opera, Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, Teatro Comunale di Bologna and Scottish Opera and Tiroler Festival.
They joined us directly from Italy and entertained participants with a taste of specially selected arias, duets, and songs:
- Gaetano Donizetti, L'elisir d'amore, duetto Adina - Dulcamara "Quanto amore ed io spietata"
- Giacomo Puccini, Gianni Schicchi, aria di Lauretta "O mio babbino caro"
- Ernesto De Curtis, Torna a Surriento / Ernesto De Curtis, Non ti scordar di me
International Chef Luca Ciano:
International Celebrity Chef Luca Ciano cooked Spaghetti with Parmesan cream sauce, zucchini flowers, Prosciutto di Parma, balsamic vinegar – with an opportunity to cook with Luca during the masterclass.
We also enjoyed the “SETTIMANA DELLA CUCINA ITALIANA” ICCI Melbourne special package
- Prosecco DOC – an original bottle directly from the Italian Consortium
- A special FoodArt assortment of delicacies: Arancini; Ascolane Olives; Potatoe Crocchettes
- Key ingredients to prepare a pasta dish from Chef Luca Ciano masterclass: Prosciutto di Parma, Parmigiano Reggiano and Pasta Divella Trafilata al Bronzo.
- Taste pure Italian mineral water, thanks to Acqua San Benedetto
- Real and authentic Italian Lavazza coffee
- Complete the night with delicious artisanbiscuits provided by 400 Gradi and bottle of Italian dessert Bracchetto D’Acqui provided by Enoteca Sileno.
There was also a chance to win fantastic prizes:
- An Alfa Romeo exclusively yours for an entire weekend,
- Beautiful Espresso - the new custom-designed Lavazza A Modo Mio capsule coffee machine
- 6 bottles of authentic Italian Prosecco Doc
- a Mini Bar fridge with thanks to International Cargo Express
- A FoodArt Xmas Hamper of Italian goodness
Media Partner IL GLOBO
We received the latest lift out released by IL GLOBO. The article is dedicated to “Settimana della Cucina Italiana” and the “True Italian Taste” project