Olive Oils of Spain and Spanish Chicken Recipe
In Spain there are more than 260 varieties of olives. Out of these olives, different Olive Oils are produced depending on the soil, the moment of the harvest and the production methods. This results in an almost never ending range of Olive Oils from Spain under many prestigious brands. It is definitely worth a try.
Spain is the worldwide leader in production, commercialization and exports of Olive Oils. And also has the widest variety of olives, so it offers the widest range of aromas and flavors in Olive Oils. There is an Olive Oil from Spain for every occasion, every palate and every dish.
The great technological investment undertaken by this sector in Spain in recent years has allowed it to obtain olive oils of the highest quality at competitive prices.
Therefore, Olive Oils from Spain are leaders not only in quantity, but more important, in quality. As a proof of that, the web http://www.worldsbestoliveoils.org/worlds-best-olive-oils.html publishes a ranking of the 50 best Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the world based on the results of 15 major contests. The top 3, are Olive Oils from Spain; in the top 10, there are 8 Spanish oils.
2 small chickens (small quality organic) or 1.8kg chicken thighs
Olive Oil from Spain - 3 tablespoons
4 brown onions diced
2 garlic cloves chopped fine
1 espresso glass brandy (70ml)
1/2 litre white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
4 bay leaves
1. Place chicken in large saucepan or pan with Olive Oil and brown the chicken.
2. Place diced onion and garlic on top of the chicken and continue to cook for a few more minutes (see photo above).
3. When onion is transparent from the heat and steam, place the brandy in the pan and flambé (see introduction photo above).
4. Then add half litre of wine, salt and pepper, thyme and bay leaves to the pan.
5. Slow cook until chicken is cooked and the sauce is brown (use pan, saucepan, slow cooker or oven)...
7. Eat with bread or rice and red wine